Session PresentationIntermediateGraphQL Core
Semi-Concurrent Deduplicated Incremental Delivery
Curious about what's new in Incremental Delivery in 2023? Want to learn more about the proposed new response format and the recently released implementation in
In this talk, we will:
- Explore the goals and challenges of incremental delivery with a focus on providing eager maximally-concurrent execution of deduplicated, deferred fields.
- Elaborate on the distinction between Incremental Data vs. Incremental / Subsequent Results.
- Overview the new CollectFields algorithm that performs deduplication => at build vs execution time!
- Discuss potential pitfalls with early execution and tools to mitigate them (resolver helpers, Paraloader, resource frameworks).
- Call for feedback from the community!
Special thanks to Rob Richard, the champion for incremental delivery, and Benjie Gillam, who together with Rob authored the new response format!